Saturday, January 24, 2009

ACTION SPEAKS MORE THAN WORDS RITE????

Yesterday I went to the Mylapore fest, which usually takes place in January month of every year which includes competition, music, and dance where Mylapore residents have a galla time. Even though I am not a part of it, just went to witness it for very first time. Had a glance of all competitions going on and the petty shops in the road side. Then we decided to step into the very famous kabaleeshwarar temple, where I was shocked to see a board saying that “Non Hindus are not allowed inside” near the karbagraha (the place where we worship the god - mulavar). Even I remember seeing the same kind of board in world wonder nominee madurai meenakshi amman temple. I do not know what made people to put such a preposterous board in the temple, where many foreigners come as tourist to relish and awe at the cultural and traditional value of our country. I am damn sure that this kinda atrocious statement would definitely create a bad impact on our culture. Every religion’s principle portrays the same message that, every religion is the same and God is one. Only thing is we people see and worship god in our own ways. Preaching the students that all Indians are brothers and sisters and doing something like this which is totally contrary will not serve the purpose of doing it at all. Definitely these kinda stupid things will really aggravate the violence and fight amidst people. So I think government should take necessary actions to take off such boards which convey such atrocious statement. The very same thing was boggling me when I was doing pradharshanam and saw a couple from foreign country with a guide, who explains them the history and importance of the temple to them while going out of the temple. There I had shocking news waiting for me. Yeah my slipper was missing where I left it and was searching it for a couple of minutes and came to a conclusion “yethana periyar vandhalum evangala thirutha mudiyadhu” in a vivek style.

2 comments:

NGK said...

actions are louder than words thambi!!!

Suresh Kumar said...

@ NGK
hehe.. seringa anna :)